Electrical designing is a branch of electrical engineering which deals with proposals of size of electrical equipment’s used in building services. Electrical design entails planning, creating, testing or supervising the development and installation of electrical equipment, including lighting equipment, power systems, power distribution, fire and life safety systems. Because electrical design projects can be extensive and very complex, electrical engineers often provide input at every stage, from master planning to the final product. Electrical engineers involved in electrical design must be technically competent with a variety of engineering, design software packages, various laboratory equipment and instruments. They also need strong interpersonal skills to interact with clients and other professionals, including sales & marketing, mechanical engineers, software engineers, research & development, support personnel and others. Most of these professionals have at least a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or electronics engineering.
2. Codes & Standards to be followed
• Indian electricity rules
• National electrical code of India (NEC)
• National building code of India (NBC)
• Applicable standards issued by Bureau of Indian standards (BIS)
• Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
• Regulations of local fire authorities
• Requirements stipulated by Pollution control Board for Noise & Air
3. Electrical equipment’s and its application used in the installation
• Control devices
• Measuring devices
• Circuit protection devices
• Diesel generators
• Bus ducts, Bus-bars, Cables (HT/LT) & wires
• Motors & Pumps
• Luminaries – General & Emergency
• Isolators & socket outlets
• UPS/Inverter & Battery banks
• Earthing or Grounding
• Lightning arrestor
4. Means of electrical distribution for installation
• Panels (LT)/Switch Board/Motor control centers (MCC’s)/Final Distribution boards (DB’s)
• Cable trays, trunking or raceways, conduits & underground Pipes (Concrete/PVC)
5. Major electrical loads used in the installation
• Lighting load – Internal & external
• Utility power load
• HVAC loads like FCU’s, Fans etc
• PHE & FF loads like Water transfer pumps, Booster pumps, Fire Fighting pumps, Jockey pumps etc
• Lifts (Elevator) load
• Computer & data centre (Server) loads for office building
6. Electrical design calculations
• Load & maximum demand calculation
• Transformer sizing calculation
• DG sizing calculation
• Short circuit calculation
• Voltage drop calculation
• Capacitor sizing calculation
• Cable sizing calculation
• Earthing calculation
• Lightning calculation
• UPS/Inverter sizing calculation
• Battery sizing calculation
7. Various design stages & Sequence of electrical design procedure
Concept design stage
• Understanding the building plans, elevations & sections
• Gathering specific data from the utilities(Electricity board)
• Understanding clients specific requirements
• Preparation of basis of design which should include the cost estimate.
Schematic design stage
• Preparation of Load calculation to arrive maximum peak demand
• Sizing of all Equipments, cables, cable trays
• Electrical design calculations
• Preparation of single line schematic of electrical distribution system with metering options
• Preparation of lighting, small power, earthing & miscellaneous layouts
• Preparation of technical specification
Detailed design stage
• Preparation of detail layouts including sectional details wherever required
• Coordination with other services like HVAC,PHE & FF layouts
• Preparation of bill of quantities(BOQ)
• Preparation of shop drawings based on the tender drawings issued by
Electrical consultants for installation.
• As built drawings shall be prepared and handed over to client’s representative
Any Graduation, Diploma
Electrical designing is a branch of electrical engineering which enables Electrical engineer to size electrical equipment’s used in building services. Electrical design involve, estimation of load, sizing, planning and testing wrt Codes and make schematic drawings.
We will work on lighting equipment, power systems, power distribution, fire and life safety systems
To get power we require Distribution transformer, switchgear for protection, cable for transmission of power and measuring instruments for measuring variable quantities like current, voltage, fault current etc.
Can we live without Electricity? The answer is the future of this Course.
Frequently asked questions by students before joining the course:-
What are the Course Content and Schedule Training Programs?
For Engineers, Diploma Holders, Graduates and related experienced people
What are the timings and duration of the Courses?
For Engineering courses batches will start on 6th and 21st of every month.
Technician’s courses every month batch starts on 1st and 16th
We have convenient times for working professionals, Morning, Evening and Weekend Classes; please consult our Front Office Executive at our centers
What is the Minimum qualification to undergo the Training?
Any graduate student can also undergo the above courses.
What is the minimum qualification for technicians for undergoing the training?
What is the duration of the Courses?
Fast Track Courses:
For International Trainees, what is the procedure for admission?
The candidate must undergo online registration process by paying the full fee and Dhanush EnggServices India Pvt Ltd will send an Invitation letter to Indian Embassy after the receipt of the Course fee for obtaining Visa.
What is the course Fee?
Please call us for Course enquiry at our respective branches Hyderabad: 9908080813, Delhi: 8882130270, Guntur: 7093001118, Cochin: 9745554270, Mumbai: 9136399359, Bangalore : 9036180180 Chennai : 9087680813 or Please write a mail to email@example.com
Will Training Material be provided during the Course?
Yes, training material will be provided during the course.
How can I register for the course?
Click here for Registration link.
What is the Strength of Each Batch?
We have kept the batch size limited so that we can concentrate on each and every student for personal attention.
HVAC (30 in a batch)
Electrical: (30 in a batch)
Plumbing: (30 in a batch)
What is the main language you are using for these classroom trainings?
Can I Get study material other than English language?
Our courses are approved by NSDC and SSC's?
Our certificate is approved by NSDC (National Skill Development Corporation)
Do I need to buy any Tools or Instruments to complete my training?
Is there any age limit for this course?
Please Pay Rs.2,500 As an advance registration*Make payment
*Please contact your nearest MEP Centre for complete fee information.