A Plumber (General) is responsible for installation, minor repair and maintenance of pipes and sanitary fixtures in housing, commercial and institutional setups. The tasks which he should perform include the following: Performing the repair works and maintenance words of various plumbing systems, performing of pre-installation tasks, and things like installation of sanitary fixtures and fittings.
1.Introduction for Plumbing
•Plumber helper duties
•Plumber helper dos and don’ts
•Future for plumber
•Units & Measurements
• Safety while using tools
• Wearing safety goggles, helmets, shoes, ear plugs etc.,
• Housekeeping by clearing the space from waste and scrap
3. Plumbing Fixtures
• Types of fixtures
• Use of fixtures
• Types of pipes
5. Pipe fittings
• Line supply fittings
• In line drain fittings
• Wall Cutting tools
• Pipe cutting tools
• Measuring tools
• Safety tools
• Tool Box tools Arrangement
7. Chipping & Digging
• Chipping & Digging
• Methods of Chipping & Digging
• safety Procedure for Chipping & Digging
8. Cement mixing
• Cement Mixing
• Methods of cement mixing
• Process of cement mixing
9. Brick Handling
• Brick Bonding
• Arranging of bricks for plumbing Masonry
10. Communication, Coordination Skills at Work Place
• Ice-Breaker Session, WIIFM, Greetings, Introducing oneself to a client
• Usage of - Please, Thank you and sorry
• Work flow- understanding the communication flow
• Working under a supervisor -Keeping supervisor informed about the work status.
• Being Patient and Genuine
• How to frame questions and how to brief supervisor and client (Team if involved)
• Understanding instructions and adhering to the protocol to avoid confusion and wastage of resources.
• Communicate any potential hazards and expected process disruptions-
• Importance of seriousness involved
• Handover completed task to supervisor- closing work flow
• To understand and accept feedback from reporting supervisor
• Report any anticipated reasons for delays
• Paraphrase- client and supervisor
• Team work and Resolving Conflicts
• Time Management and Self-Management- Being Organized
• Life Cycle of Plumbing Activities
Plumber (General) is an important job role in installation and repair of plumbing fittings and fixtures in ‘contractors’ segment. He should be able to work independently. His career will be a field job so local travelling will be the major part of the job. To succeed in this, you should have basic knowledge of installation procedures, working knowledge on various types of leaks, knowledge on the plumbing terminology, and also working knowledge on the relevant tools and the equipment.
There is a great scope for this career in big companies. In all the developed cities and towns across India, you can get hired in any of the top construction companies, hotels, malls, corporate complexes, and also in organizations who deal with plumbing work. There is a lot of scope in this course and your career progression path will definitely go on a rise if you can regulate all the circumstances and work effectively.
Frequently asked questions by students before joining the course:-
What are the Course Content and Schedule Training Programs?
For Engineers, Diploma Holders, Graduates and related experienced people
What are the timings and duration of the Courses?
For Engineering courses batches will start on 6th and 21st of every month.
Technician’s courses every month batch starts on 1st and 16th
We have convenient times for working professionals, Morning, Evening and Weekend Classes; please consult our Front Office Executive at our centers
Hyderabad: 9908080913 Delhi: 8882130270, Cochin: 9745554270, Guntur: 7093001118
Mumbai: 9136399359 Bangalore : 960618080 Chennai : 9087680813
What is the Minimum qualification to undergo the Training?
Any graduate student can also undergo the above courses.
What is the minimum qualification for technicians for undergoing the training?
What is the duration of the Courses?
Fast Track Courses:
For International Trainees, what is the procedure for admission?
The candidate must undergo online registration process by paying the full fee and Dhanush EnggServices India Pvt Ltd will send an Invitation letter to Indian Embassy after the receipt of the Course fee for obtaining Visa.
What is the course Fee?
Please call us for Course enquiry at our respective branches Hyderabad: 9908080813, Delhi: 8882130270, Guntur: 7093001118, Cochin: 9745554270, Mumbai: 9136399359, Bangalore : 9606180180 Chennai : 9087680813 or Please write a mail to email@example.com
Will Training Material be provided during the Course?
Yes, training material will be provided during the course.
How can I register for the course?
Click here for Registration link.
What is the Strength of Each Batch?
We have kept the batch size limited so that we can concentrate on each and every student for personal attention.
HVAC : (30 in a batch)
Electrical: (30 in a batch)
Plumbing: (30 in a batch)
What is the main language you are using for these classroom trainings?
Can I Get study material other than English language?
Our courses are approved by NSDC and SSC's?
Our certificate is approved by NSDC (National Skill Development Corporation)
Do I need to buy any Tools or Instruments to complete my training?
Is there any age limit for this course?
Please Pay Rs.2,500 As an advance registration*Make payment
*Please contact your nearest MEP Centre for complete fee information.